Thursday, January 5, 2012

Juicing/Fasting: Day 3

Got the good husband to go to the store to stock our shelves with lots of veg.  I feel better than I did yesterday.   This is not as hard as I thought I would be, and the soup seemed to help with the feeling of warmth.  Fasting in the winter is odd.  There are fewer fresh local choices.  Two things I am noticing is that I am not quite getting enough protein and almost no Vit. D.  I am going to supplement that. 

Coffee.  (Oh, I know...I should give it up, but there are only so many things I can work on at one time.)

One Green Apple, Raw

Cabbage Soup

Ginger Beer

Green V8 type juice:
I can honestly say this didn't taste like V8.  It was however very complex.  Almost too complex.  It was also thick.  VERY thick.  I strained it 3 times, and drank it on ice.  The taste was good.  Very fresh.  I added some lemon and old bay seasoning, and a bit of salt and pepper at the end.  The only other thing is that I think I might have blended (instead of masticating) the tomatoes, and added them at the end.

3 large tomatoes
4 ribs celery
1/4 cup of cabbage
4 carrots
2 cups spinach
3 ribs of kale
1/4 of an onion
1 clove of garlic


*no actual food photographers were injured or maimed in making this snapshot.

Broke down and had some incredibly garlicky hummus on lettuce leaves for the protein tonight.  I should probably have a protein source earlier in the evening.  This is one of the reason I never made it as a vegan.



No comments:

Post a Comment